Monday, May 24, 2021

TV, time sucks

I spent most of the waking day with the tv on.

I woke up late, after noon and puttered around with coffee and messenger, had a video chat until home support came. I had a shower then munched the scrambled eggs Joe made.

I put on the tv to watch the Jets/Oilers playoff game but Joe wasn't into it and we finished off Minari.  Then I watched the Billboard Awards. Was a big Canadian content, Toronto night with The Weeknd, Drake and Marshmello performing, and taking home awards.

I liked The Weeknd's performance, felt very LA with all the vehicles.

Awards show, and news are about the only thing I appreciate about having cable. Feels weird watching tv, I always feel like I'm wasting my time.  Commercials are fascinating though, the consumer culture they push, their power is undeniable, especially the food commercials. The allure of a well crafted ad, well it's no wonder it's such a big industry - drives desire and that's what the big money folk need is more consumption. buy buy buy

I can't get into new shows.  I see intriguing ads and titles that give me pause when I'm scrolling the guide, but fack it feels boring too.

I just don't care enough.  I'm not grabbed easily with the time commitment.

Yet I'll scroll forever on FB or tiktok or reddit

I feel real addicted to my internets

I doan know what to do about it. 

No comments: