Tuesday, December 27, 2011

au hasard Balthazar







directed by Robert Bresson (1966)


I watched Au Hasard Balthazar. The story of a donkey made me cry, well it didn't make me cry until I watched the interview that shows where it made the guy being interviewed cry and explaining why it makes him cry, then I was all yeah, tears, you can fall now. Joe put his hand on my knee and patted it like it was a dog and that made me aw tender guy but wtf, patting my knee? Give me a hug already, I guess it was just our positions watching the flick that made him do that.

 Anyhow, it's a good movie. I got pissed in the beginning because I thought it was about a donkey as a religious allegory of Jesus, but it starts off with these kids getting the baby donkey and it seemed like it was some gonna be some kinda wholesome family thing, and I'm all UGH about that some, especially since it's the holidays...but I knew it's a Criterion pick for a reason, so yeah, gave it a chance. 


It's a good flick.  Gonna keep my eye out for more Bresson's stuff.



No comments: