Saturday, February 11, 2012

Smash



I like this show.  I watched a few episodes of Glee before I got bored with the high school format.  I found it hard to care about the shenanigan trajectories of high school musical kids and their teachers.  I have to admit that the asshole gym teacher was pretty hilarious though,

Anyhow, this musical number filled tv show about the development of a new Broadway show based on Marilyn Monroe, so far has got me hooked.  It's well done, with a slew of good actors, and it's interesting seeing the work that does into getting a show off the ground.  I'll be back for at least the next episode.



I think I made it through to the 4th episode before I lost interest, but that was more to do with me lacking the patience to watch it every week.  I think it's a rewarding show that's great for on demand or boxset watching.  The drama and intrigue between the different characters is engaging, and the musical numbers I saw were decent too.



No comments: